Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mind Droppings

Since nothing immediately popped (I originally typed 'pooped' which might be more appropriate) into my head when I sat down to write tonight, I turned to my trusty Wonder Woman journal.

I'm very sad to say that of the ten ideas listed, I've since written about two of them, and I don't remember what I wanted to write about five of them. (Note to self: Be more specific. Writing 'regrets' without listing said regrets doesn't really help. We could be talking about anything here!) The other three? Booooooring.

So, I've decided to talk about Jamie's sex life instead. No, no, I'm kidding. By the way, if you aren't reading the comments, you should. Jamie's ON FIRE this week!

How about this? I have lots of two to three (or more if we're being realistic. This is me that we're talking about here.) sentence blurbs running through my head, so I'll type those instead.

I miss Cindy! Why can't they create a way to travel to Canada in three hours or less for FREE? How unfair is it that one of my very closest friends lives 2,457 km from me? Also, isn't it cool (yet annoying) that Google Maps automatically assumed that I would want the distance in kilometers if I were driving from her city, Canada to my city, Texas? (I put in Canada first because I like it there so much more than Texas. No offense to the Texas lovers.) Like I know how to convert kilometers in to miles. Pfft. You're just trying to get me to use your service to look up the answer, Google. I'm not falling for it. Whatever the distance is in miles, it's too damn far away.

In 57 minutes, it will be Friday. All hail Friday! I have a fun-filled weekend planned and I'm very excited about it. I had originally planned to go to ATX this weekend, but then I came to my senses. I'm karaoke-ing on Friday. Saturday day is a day of rest. Saturday night is a HUMONGOUS Halloween party. Sunday is lunch with a friend that will consist of copious amounts of guacamole and, if need be, margaritas. Sunday afternoon, I'm watching football with my fantasy football league. Sunday night, I will collapse.

Brrr. My apartment is freaking cold.

Speaking of Halloween parties, the last Halloween party I attended netted me almost two years of mediocre sex. I'm hopeful that this one might yield me at least one night of mind-blowing (not literally, please) sex. If not, I suppose I will continue to trudge along and, at minimum, I'll have a great night with my friends. But wouldn't it be cool if I did have some fantastic, toe-curling sex? (That was rhetorical. We all know the answer is YES.)

When I move my blog to my somewhat-newly purchased domain, I'm going to rename myself. I've decided that I will be Jane and my ex-husband will be Dick (as it's only fitting). The kids shall remain Jack and Jill. This, of course, won't happen for many, many months because I'm a technical moron and don't have a clue how to do what I need to do.

Did I tell you that I watched Word Wars with AnonyT? I STAYED AWAKE FOR THE ENTIRE MOVIE! This, my friends, is amazing! I'm not sure if it was that the subject matter was so riveting or if AnonyT stopped drugging me, but it was a pleasant change. I was very into the movie after reading Word Freak, and I felt as if the subjects (characters? documentees?) were old friends.

I still haven't joined a Scrabble club to get rated, but I need to do it soon so I can play in the tournament in ATX. I've been given a bit of a reprieve though since I'd mistakenly thought it was the first weekend in November and it's actually the first weekend of December.

I've now run out of things to say.

Good night!

Updated to add: I still don't know if I won the lottery because I have no idea where I put my ticket and I don't want to give up that last vestige of hope by looking to see if anyone won at all. BUT! I just sort of won the lottery because I found a cupcake in fridge that I'd forgotten that I had. Mmmmmmmmm.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dick and Jane are fine, but I don't like Jack and Jill. I don't know why. To me, they are more Freddie and Flossie from the Bobbsie Twins. In fact, in a movie, Jill would make a PERFECT Flossie now that I think about it.

Unknown said...

I like Jack and Jill, but then again I know nothing about Freddie and Flossie. Jane, you just need a dog named Spot now.

Anonymous said...

http://www.metric-conversions.org/length/kilometers-to-miles.htm

2457 km is 1526.709 miles!

There ya go.

Doesn't seem so far now does it?

Cheers

V.

P.S. It's freezing here I'd rather be in Texas.

T said...

Venetia, I deleted and reposted your comment to removed my name from it. (I didn't notice it myself. It was pointed out to me.) Hope you don't mind.

Thank you for the conversion, though!

Cindy, they're going to stay Jack and Jill. I'm used to and it's grown on me. Plus I've never read any Bobbsie twins or perhaps the names would seem more fitting.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see you this weekend and I totally agree with the whole Canada thing. I texted Cindy the other night just to tell her how much I love her and how I wish she was here.

Anonymous said...

you forgot a third possibility -- you've developed a tolerance for the drug of choice. i might hypothetically have to do some research before you come over again.

still, i guess it *was* kind of nice having you be coherent throughout the movie so we could talk about it. perhaps i should consider changing my hypothetical ways. hypothetical habits are hard to change though.

-anonyT

Jamie said...

Oh my. Resorting to talking about my sex life would definitely be ... resorting. And it would also require less than one character of space. So actually you did talk about it, several times maybe even ... geez t, is *nothing* sacred? :P
Actually in case anyone has that whole 'train-wreck mentality' thing going on in regard to what life must be like after 48 sex-free months, I added a paragraph below about what happened to me last night. It was a super hot night for me. Oh yeah baby, oh yeah ...

Canada, three hours or less for free, see Willie Wonka. Or Scotty. :P

I am dying to go to ATX and am about to just hop in my car and go one of these weekends for no reason at all. I'm not going to make it until March.

And now I'm jonesin' for copious amounts of guacamole. mmmm...
.
.
.

[Jamie's sex life]I had the greatest dream last night. Woke up floating and knew that this was hands down the greatest dream I've ever had. What was it about? Nameless-guy-I-adore and myself were making out like crazy. He was _all _over me. And it was very detailed - mostly kissing and dry humping ... in front of other people we knew, no less. And that was it. No sex. No nakedness. No reality. Just me and a guy making out like 8th graders. In a dream. And I was elated. I'm not sure what that means, but you know, it seems a little ... restrained and sad I suppose. But the cool thing about my brain though is the fact that it now enables me to have dreams about the things I can't really do. Back when I was married and having sex all of the time, I used to dream about really bizarre stuff that made no sense. Now it is awesome because I can go out and hang out with a guy that I'm crazy about, go home fall asleep and viola! we're totally making out. Almost like it really happened. Thank you brain! If it weren't for you I'd ... I'd .... ugh, this is the very most pathetic thing you've ever heard, right? Yeah, I know.[/Jamie's sex life]