Monday, September 24, 2007

Democracy in Action

Okay, okay, I admit it. I miss Expression Engine. I do like Blogger's handy autosave feature, but I essentially have that with Firefox so it's not really a necessity.

My quarterly payment for hosting my old site is about to be due, so I've decided that I might as well purchase a domain name to host there and move back to EE.

Therein lies the issue ... Do I go with changedprioritiesahead.com? It's available. It's awfully long, though. I suppose most people don't go to websites from memory anymore, eh?

I thought about getting ihatemyinlaws.com, but, sadly, it's already taken. (I do have a story or ten to submit, though.)

Then I considered getting a domain that highlighted my love of words -- speaking, writing, and obsessively playing Scrabble. While wordfreak.com is taken, wordfreak.net is available.

That's all my uncreative brain can come up with ...

Any suggestions? A vote on one of the above names? Help? Please?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Scrabblefreak? or Scrabbleaddict?

Hmmm...I do have an idea for my own blog name, should I ever grow a pair and start one...

Unknown said...

I'll try to think of some more and get back with you, but off the top of my head...

itsmyblogyo.com
checkoutmyblogyo.com
liveanduncensored.com
nowuncensored.com
lettingitallhangout.net

Mary said...

i like:

adoroaguacate.com
adorotequila.com
allmyexesliveintx.com
i'll keep thinking like marcus

Anonymous said...

Word Nerd? (Werd Nerd?)

I did anagrams of "Scrabble Nerd" which came up with some funny shit:
--Crab Blenders
--Cab Blends Err
--Crab Bred Lens
--Scab Blend Err
--Bald Brr Scene

Or maybe: Raga Man? (anagram of "anagram.")

Hey, was "I love pussy" taken?

Syd said...

LOL @ s. I've had the screen name wurdfreak in the past on other sites--so if you want a .com try it with a U, but net is okay. I like it.

Unknown said...

oh i love that allmyexesliveintxs one that is the best one. If I lived in Texas, I would take that.

I suppose I could do Iwishallmyexeslivedintxs.com but that's a little long.

Anonymous said...

Actually...I like changedprioritiesahead.com.

Anonymous said...

it's all about tie-ins...

overworkedundersexed.com
scrabblebeerguacamole.com
(not necessarily in that order)
ihadquestions.com
fsckquestions.com

i'm just glad i didn't show up on the list of negative people you got rid of. :)

anonymously yours - T

Anonymous said...

I couldn't remember the name of your site the other day (I'm lame like that), and then it came to me. THE PICTURE! So I'm biased. I think it fits you. I always think of you when I look at that shot.