Sunday, December 9, 2007

Posterity

I wrote this last night after I got home. I didn't post it for some reason (who knows what my tequila-addled brain was thinking), but I figured I would post it now rather than delete it:

Warning! Warning! Drunk post ahead!

Typing is REALLY, REALLY hard when you're a bit inebriated, yo.

I went to see my ex-husband's band play tonight. Third time's a charm. Tonight was completely comfortable. No girlfriend (or ex-girlfriend. Their status changes constantly. I can't keep up. I assume they're off right now since I got an invite to the show.). (My backspace key? So efficient! Too efficient really.) (I'm fighting the urge to revert to junior high grammar.)

(Parentheses rock!)

I was thisclose to molesting my 27-year-old boy crush last night (or night before last, if we're being technical.). I really, really, really want to bed him. But the part of me that retains a tiny bit of common sense, even when I'm drunk, is able to show some restraint so I don't mess up our friendship for the sake of sex.

Fuck, it's cold in my apartment. Like freeze my nipples cold.


Then I passed out went to bed.

So, yeah. I went out both nights this weekend and consumed tequila both nights. Why? Because I'm stupid. I had totally broken up with tequila, but I keep hopping back in bed with him knowing that he'll make feel like shit the next morning. And not only do I feel like crap, but I also wake up at the crack of dawn because I feel so miserable. I'm running on about eight hours of sleep for the entire weekend. Low fuel, baby.

BUT ...

I'm still going out and watching football today. I have to savor every minute of the season since it's winding down. (Already! Wah!) I have decided to spare my liver today and only drink water and/or soda (Screw you, kidneys!). We'll see how long that lasts once I'm at the bar with pitchers of beer sitting in front of me and tempting me. Just know that I'm going out with the best intentions of being a good girl.

Hope your Sunday is great. Go Texans!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha!! Soda and/or water... Funny, I don't remember seeing any of those anywhere near you!

T said...

Hey! I had some water! At least a glass or two anyway. Surely you saw how that beer tackled me and made me drink it!

Anonymous said...

"I really, really, really want to bed him."

What is this the 1950s? Are you swanning about in a feather boa with a cigarette holder dangling from your fingers?

T said...

Tequila. That was the tequila talking.

T said...

Though, you know, that might not be a bad look for me!